Thursday, July 16, 2015

A great big Ta Da

Unironed but finished at last!
I have always wanted to stitch this stocking and I have always wanted a grand daughter...now  I have both...the stocking will go to Elła on her first birthday  just before Christmas. I have to admit that part way through I found myself wondering why I wanted to stitch this complicated pattern riddled with quarter stitches and back stitching and frequent colour changes...but then I realized that the reasons I questioned myself were also the reasons I wanted to stitch it..
We stitchers are strange people aren't we?
I will now call my friend Betty and have her work her magic with her sewing machine, as she transforms this into a real Christmas stocking.

3 comments:

Bea said...

Wow, that is just beautiful.

Bonnie Brown said...

Looks great Ann!

Lianne said...

Ella is a very lucky girl, lovely stocking! Next, you will have to fill it to the brim every year.