Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Stitching request

My good friend of mine,  Sharon Craven,  received a request from someone she knows for cross-stitched or embroidered quilt blocks. I will copy the request as Sharon gave it me and encourage anyone  to stitch a square in support of this cause.

 I have already started my square and I will post a picture  in my next post.

A request has been made for embroidered  or cross stitch  9" X 9"  squares on white fabric and the stitched area not to exceed 8" X 8" on the surface. These squares will be made into  quilts for our 3 fallen Mounties' widows, their children and the 2 Mounties that survived the shooting as well as one for the detachment.

A friend of mine is married to a retired RCMP officer and her daughter and son-in-law are with the RCMP. Her daughter asked her mom to collect as many squares as she can. She came to me (Sharon)  for help. So if anyone would like to donate a completed square  that would be awesome. I would need them  in my hands by  Thursday Sept 4th.
They are hoping to complete 12 quilts.
There are 3 widows.
4 girls ages, 9, 8, 4 and one they are not sure of
2 boys ages 1 1/2 and not born yet
2 wounded officers
and one quilt for the detachment to hang on their wall.

You can put anything on these quilt squares. They are asking that you put your name on the square as well as the town or city you live in.
If you would like to take part, let me know

Sharon Craven
sandhcraven@hotmail.com

You are  also welcome to drop completed blocks off at Knowledge and Needles. Sharon lives nearby and I will see that they are delivered to her.

Thanks everyone...

Also I made a mistake in my last post. The title of the TW, correctly identified by Kathy, Marilyn, Beth and Anita is Father Winter  aka, in a book,  Woodland Celebration. In my delight at giving away thread, I  wrote the incorrect title down....doesn't take much to rattle me.



No comments: