Wednesday, November 27, 2013

From Florida

After reading on Facebook this morning and looking at the pictures of the weather  and snow in London, Brighton, Orangeville, Orleans , Camden East, Ottawa, and Chesterville, I have to admit it is kind of nice to be here in Florida. Dare I mention that I am sitting outside typing this post? Maybe I had better not!
Anyway here we are in Florida and  I have been enjoying this rather different lifestyle. Here are some of the projects I have been working on.
These socks had one already knit when we got here and I finished the mate. There is another sock on the needles but it is not progressing very far very fast.

 I have begun my appliqued quilt and I am thoroughly enjoying  the work. There are a few pitfalls like this red bird is facing in the wrong direction but I figure in the long run it really won't matter too much. I just finished this blue jay, which does not look like a blue jay, today. Would have finished him sooner but I lost his wing and had to cut out another one.
 Here are a couple of shots of Macy. There is not much doubt that she is a water dog, especially after falling in a few times the first few days we were here. Now she goes in quite voluntarily, often more frequently than we would like.

 And here are the two buddies. When we leave the house, Macy goes in her crate but Mollie has the run of the house, having long since stopped chewing everything is sight.  It is not unusual to come home to find Mollie in the bedroom beside the crate, keeping her company.
I am cross stitching on Giovanni's alphabet  and will post a photo when I finish the first alphabet. It looks great. I think I have about 4 letters to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having way too much fun!
Barb

Rebel In Ontario said...

After yesterday, I wish I was in FL with you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Enjoy your time away from winter! I look forward to watching your quilt develop!