Monday, April 22, 2013

Stitching, Knitting, Shopping

So I have done a bit of stitching at last. Here is my progress on Autumn at HRH. I am enjoying the  piece but found the over 1 on 25 getting a bit tedious  so I switched  to my latest Mystic Stitch effort. It is called Magpie  and I am working over 2 on 32 count. That should be easier on the eyes except that the colours so far are a pretty boring mixtures of taupes and greys in a large variety of shades. 

                                                    I have managed to knit up a few socks.
Last week I went shopping.  I do not like the Ott Light that I have been using for a few years. I had bought it at Michaels and found it to be wobbly. The shaft connects in the middle and the threads are stripped and it never did sit well in the base so I treated myself to a new one. I'll take this one home and leave the old one here. As an added bonus I got 50% off  the price at Joann's so I am feeling pretty pleased with myself.

While there I picked up some more yarn for socks. I think there may be socks in the familys' Christmas stockings this year!

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad you are enjoying your time in FLA and that you finally replaced that ott lite that's been driving you crazy!

Claire said...

Great stitching and love the socks.