Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some small stitching pieces

This is a small quilt square I did for Dani . I have two more to go but they do not take long to do. There is a quilt in Dani's future.



There is also a quilt in Nan's future. Nan is one of our regular Thursday stitchers and embarked on this Prairie Schooler quilt project earlier this year. It has taken us this long to convince her that it is not a burden...really it is a pleasure for us to work on her quilt. She finally relented and let some of us take squares and go to town. I was tempted to make mine M is for me or M is for McDonald and told Judie hers should read J is for Judie O'lantern .... hmm maybe that is why Nan was relectant to let us loose on her quilt squares... however as you can see I was good and followed the pattern... I expect Judie did the same but then who knows??? We'll see on Thursday!


This is the beginning of my Mystic stitch pattern called White Lilies on Red...as you can see I am a fair distance from any white lilies. The blame for my doing this massive 20 page project lies squarely with Joyce and Enid! I imagine they are both suitably contrite.
And last but not least... in honour of the big event this weekend...the annual Knowledge and Needles Stitching Day...I bought new cushions for the chairs in the stitching room (although they will be in the garage on Saturday) The old cushions were all cushioned out and were in dire need of replacement. These new ones are cushy and comfy and make me want to sit in one and stitch all day...perhaps I just will.







4 comments:

Lynn said...

Love all the quilt squares you've been working on! Your new stitch looks intriguing as well.
I'm hoping to see you on Saturday. I have house guests arriving this weekend though and they haven't confirmed their ETA with us yet. Keep your fingers crossed that I can still go!

Anonymous said...

As I usually sit in the garage I am looking forward to the new cushions-they look great! Only 20 pages on the Mystic stitch huh?
See you Thursday and Saturday!
Barb

Beatrice said...

LOL you girls cracked me up when you were talking about the letters what should my S stand for...hmmmmm
The cushions are lovely.
the squares are fun to stitch...nice job on all your stitches.
See you soon!

Bonnie Brown said...

Great job on the "M" I am sure Nan's quilt will look amazing with all you talented ladies helping out :)
See you tomorrow