Friday, April 8, 2011

Bird keeper

Judie brought this pattern back from her trip to Arizona for me because she knew I would love and I do. It is easy to sit in the evening and knit and so I have been doing just that. Here is the beginning of a pair of socks I am making for my Father-in-law. I ran into a problem the last time I tried to make these socks because half way through the second sock I ran out of yarn. They got ripped out and made into socks for me. This time I have sufficient yarn to finish the project and as his birthday is in June, I expect I will be able to finish knitting them by then as well.
And here is a sock that is almost finished except for the grafting. If I get ambitious I may go on the internet and find a knitting site with directions for grafting OR I may get lazy and wait till I get home and have Fran show me how. She tried to teach the technique to me just before we left for Florida but I kept getting interrupted and called away and we just ran out of time. What a friend though, when I was called away, rather than wait for me she just went ahead and finished the toes of three socks for me.

2 comments:

Franny said...

Keep on knitting and stitching LOL
I have found my beginner book which has a really good photo of how to graph the toes together.

Franny said...

Keep on knitting and stitching LOL
I have found my beginner book which has a really good photo of how to graph the toes together.