Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a good day!

Saturday was the Cataraqui Guild's Needle Arts Fair in Kingston.
Knowledge and Needles has been priviledged to have a booth at the fair for the last few years and I must say it is one of my favourite events of the year. This year was no exception.
We arrived around 8am and with the help of two good friends and capable helpers we had the booth set up in no time. Here are some shots of Susan, Dani and Dan setting things up. And a picture or two of some of the other vendors, also in the process of getting ready. Once things were up and running I had no more time for pictures.
Dani and I were busy all day selling stuff to some of the 160 stitchers who attended . For their $7.00 admission fee, they had about 12 or 15 vendors all in one place, a lovely lunch and an incredible exhibit of the fabulous work the Guild members have completed this past year. Some of their work was just mind boggling; it was so exquisite!


















Among the visitors to the the Needle Arts fair were some very good and loyal friends of mine from the Friday Stitching group...Here are Cheryl, Catherine, Fran and Sharon. I have shamelessly lifted this phot from Fran's Blog.
You may not be able to see it in this picture but three of them are wearing Knowledge and Needles logos on their shirts. Fran can sew anything! Cheryl's is red on her black Tee shirt, Fran's is yellow on yellow and Sharon's is gold on her black sweater.
On Saturday I was so pleased at the ladies who came up to tell me how they were progressing on their projects. One woman who had seen my Prairie Schooler quilt two or three years ago, and who had purchased all the charts for it brought her finished letters to show me. Next year I hope to brings along the finished quilt!
Another one let me know that her Blackstone Fantasy Garden was on display in the exhibit hall...of course I looked at it and she had done a fabulous job.
I only see some of these women once a year but they are becoming like old friends and it is a joy to go back each Spring and renew the friendship.
Thank you so much Dani and Susan and Dan for the help. The setting up went so much faster with 4 of us setting up. I could not have kept up with the customers without Dani being there as another salesperson. And of course my walking advertisers...Cheryl, Fran and Sharon! Thank You all so much...and also the loyal stitchers who came out to the Fair!



5 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could have gone.

Lynn said...

I'm so glad it was such a success!

Kathy A. said...

Congrats on a very successful weekend! See you soon!

Franny said...

Ann,
You could have just asked me to email you the photos. I wouldn't have minded at all. I am just catching up on the blog reading. Thank you for the blurb.

Fran

Dani - tkdchick said...

It was a great day Ann! I love coming out to help!!!