Monday, December 28, 2009

Look at my great gift!

My nephew Clancy and his wife Lisa and their three gorgeous daughters stopped in for a visit yesterday on their way home from visiting Lisa's family for Christmas. They joined Bruce and Luci and Dan and me for dinner. They brought me this beautiful photograh of the girls with the pictures I cross stitched for each them. I was so touched that I choked up and tears came to my eyes. They are darling children and we love them to pieces.
This phot0 will be displayed proudly and prominently in the shop!

After finishing the William Morris bag, I concentrated exclusively for a couple of weeks on the stained glass landscape. It is progressing well.After Christmas I started something new!!! The latest project is the Sampler from JCS magazine (Jan/ Feb and Mar/April 2009) designed by Sharon Cohen of the Nostalgic Needle. I am using the recommended GAST threads and doing it on...drum roll please ... 40 count fabric!
So far I have the first band completed and I am loving the look! Pictures will be forthcoming.

7 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

Oh Ann! What a beautiful thank you for all your hard work! I can't wait to see it in person.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you and Dan all the best for 2010 from our house to yours.

Kathy A. said...

Ann - what a lovely gift - something to cherish forever! How wonderful.
Nice work on your landscape.
And a new start - looking forward to seeing it.

Carolien said...

Wow, those girls have some beautiful angels, thanks to you! What special gifts ...
I hope you had some nice Christmas days.
The stained glass project is going so fast now, great!
I still love watching your stitched gift from last year, it's dangling near my desk, I see it every day, lovely!

Bye & hugs, Carolien

Alberta said...

That is a simply wonderful gift...your beautiful stitching photographed with the recipients!

Beatrice said...

pa rum pa pum pum!!!!!40 ct...ooooh goody
That is a wonderful photo I look forward to seeing it in the shop!!!
WOW.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

The pic of those girls is WoNDERFUL!! what a beautiful thank you gift!!!

Tracy J said...

How charming!