Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More purses

Life has been kind of hectic lately so I have no stitching of my own to share. These are some shots of a couple of purses Sharon has made for her motorcycle club. There is a big rally near here in a couple of weeks organized by Sharon and Harold's chapter of the club and she is planning to raffle or auction these off for the charity the club supports.



I have been away a lot this past week. My MIL broke her hip and I spent nearly a week in Toronto with my FIL. Then we went to the rodeo for the weekend. Dani came along and she and Dan sold over $8000 worth of 50/50 tickets. Three people left the rodeo with very nice baggies full of cash and the Optimist club has around $4000 to give to the various local charities that they support in the community. We came home very tired!
I am heading back to see my FIL today, to take him to a doctor's appointment and I 'll be back there for the same reason on Friday, so my little shop which already has sporadic hours now has even more irregular opening times. But hey this is family...
I am so close to finishing Froth and Bubble...actually it would be done but I ran out of thread while in Toronto last week...so this week for sure I will do those last 50 or so stitches in and will have a picture in my next blog!
Note to Anne in Australia...I have been meaning to e-mail you or even respond on your blog but I have been doing precious little of either lately. If you come to Canada...we will plan a get together. There is no doubt about that. We don't have to plan too far in advance and can ususlly get a good little gang of stitchers together on pretty short notice.

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Sharon did a beautiful job on her purses!
So sorry to hear your MIL broke her hip! I hope she's healing and without any pain! That sounds very painful!
Wow! You guys did awesome @ the Rodeo! I know you guys had a great time and must be exhausted!

Beatrice said...

Wow Ann that is a good haul of money Good for you!!!
Sharon's purses are wonderful.
Good Luck to your MIL!!!!!