Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Holidays

This is as far as I have stitched on Merry Christmas by Lizzie Kate. Actually the rest of the charts have not been released yet so I am caught up...except for attaching the little buttons.
I am very happy with the way it is turning out.

We are heading out tomorrow for a few days away.

My MIL will be home from the hospital on Thursday so things are looking up there.

My turkey and her poults (thanks for supplying the correct terminology Tama ) have not put in another appearance so I have not had another opportunity to get a picture or them but I am optimistic...and I did scatter some sunflower seeds as enticement. I'll have to wait and see.

There has been little mention of our vegetable garden this year, mainly because it was so late before we even got the seeds and plants in the ground. Consequently they are taking their own sweet time producing anything. However, yesterday I noticed that there are little green peppers and little green beans starting to sprout, and they are even bigger today, so perhaps some will even be ready for harvesting when we get home on Monday. The tomatoes are coming along but are still small and green. I cannot tell with the potatoes but if the amount of green foliage above ground is any indication, they are doing well.

6 comments:

Tama said...

Very, very pretty!
oh, and you're welcome :D hope your turkeys show up again!

Beatrice said...

Beautiful! You'll have the flip it's done in no time. I'm working on the Black Cat part (3). on my BOO!
Have fun!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think "turklets" sound so much cuter.

Wow you've whipped that up in no time Ann! I had no clue you were planning to start it!

Have a great little vacation.

Cindy F. said...

Pretty progress Ann!
and your garden sounds yummy!!

Sylvia said...

Ann, I really like your stitching of LK's Holidays. I just finished LKs Christmas Is Forever which I picked up this spring at a K trunk show at my LNS. I love the way it came out. I look forward to seeing your LK completed.

Sylvia said...

Oops I went back and saw the design is called Merry Christmas not Holidays which is the title of your post. Either way it is beautiful.