Meanwhile, I plodded along on Fairies and finished the last two days for my 5 day rotation. The lettering was fun to do but that #8 braid did in two piecemaker needles in the process. And I finished the stitching on Page 3 of "My Stitching Album" It is a most enjoyable project. All that remains to be done on this page is the addition of the beads and I am still mulling over what colour I will be using. I was anxious to finish this page because I will be seeing Jeannette Douglas next week in Nashville and wanted to show off my pages to her.
Next up on my rotation is Cirque des Cercles which I am doing with Waterlilies Eggplant on 36 ct linen. After my 5 days on it my rotation will be set aside for the trip to Florida. I am only taking one project with me and it will be Froth and Bubble.
And before I forget...a few days ago Beatrice tagged me and I am supposed to tell about 5 addictions. I am also supposed to pass the tag along but anyone who knows me also knows that I never do that...So to the addicitons...
I indulged a few of them this weekend..
1. Reading...I read a whole book on Saturday...it was too cold to go anywhere anyway!
2. Stitching..I spent practically all day yesterday working on page 3, see above.
3. Crossword puzzles..specifically the ones which appear in the Toronto Star on Saturday and Sunday. I consider it my way to staving off Altzhiemers and besides I enjoy the challenge. BTW, I got all the clues in both of them this weekend!
4. Enjoying the company of friends. Yeasterday while stitching I looked up to see a familiar looking person approaching the house but I could not place him. Turns out to be our friend Willie, from Switzerland. You know how it is when you know someone but see him or her out of context and don't recognize them? Well we had no idea he was coming to Canada for a visit...obviously to visit friends, certainly not for the weather! Great to see him. He and the folks he is staying with are coming for one of Dan's great dinners on Friday night.
5. Anything to do with our dogs. They are very special to us and we love their company. The number of smiles they have brought not just to our faces but to nearly everyone who meets them says it all.