Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Harmony


This angel is from The Cross Stitcher Magazine from August 2008. She has two companions who will be in the magazine in coming months....Love and Peace. Yes I did leave off her dangly feet but I have decided that really her feet are hidden under her angelic robe-like attire.

I like her and she may be made into a flat fold later this Fall. I am also toying with the idea of perhaps , instead, making her into a stand up doll sort of thing...you know stuffed but with some weighted stuff in the bottom so she stands up...don't know how to do that...or obviously how to describe it very well...but ...that's what I'm thinking of doing...one or the other...
Maybe one of you has done it and can direct me to some instructions!

She's all I have worked on since the retreat so now it is time to get back to some of my neglected projects...the stained glass for one and I may even pull out that over-one Heart's Content piece! Or...gasp...start something new...I have Long Dog's Froth and Bubble which I quite like and also Plight of Fancy which is taking MY fancy...then there is the Jeanette Douglas "My Stitching Album" which should be in my hot little hands very soon...decisions...decisions....

And before I leave the topic of the retreat for this year, I must Thank my DH Dan who is always very supportive of the shop and all my crazy cross stitching friends and projects, for painting the garage floor before the retreat and for cooking up an excellent breakfast for those of us who were still here on the Sunday after the big day!

6 comments:

Ginnie said...

Lovely angel, I know what you mean about making it into a stand up doll thing..... but don't know how to make one!

Anonymous said...

Pretty little Angel....3 little angels as stand up dolls would look great. Also, you are absolutely correct, Dan was a fabulous chief. Colleen

Kathy A. said...

Lovely angel - I like her minus those dangling feet - bet Marie Paul could figure out how to make her a stand up. I think I may have a pattern for a stand up nutcracker - go figure. I will see if I can find it.
And a new start - How about Fairies in the garden?

Beatrice said...

Nicely done Ann ..she will look great as a stand up doll. Kathy had a good Idea...Marie-Paul????
We'll see what your new start will be soon!

Carolien said...

Lovely angel, Ann!
Have a nice weekend & hugs, Carolien

Sharon said...

She looks lovely!