Friday, July 4, 2008

Nan's lighthouse

This beautiful lighthouse at Peggy's Cove was stitched by Nan, one of the Thursday stitchers. Nan sits quietly and stitches on Thursdays. She is not at all loud and raucous like the rest of us. Obviously steady and quiet wins the race, or at least gets things finished! I finished this little bib for Marina last week. Marina is the first child of some friends of Dans. She was a little early and weighed in at only 4 pounds but is since up to 4 and a half and should be going home to her anxious parents soon we hope.
I am stitching this colourful piece on a Charles Craft bag for my friend Yvonne. She wants it for her grand daughter's birthday later this month. I had to take the side seams out of the bag for ease of stitching but Betty assures me that she can serge them up again good as new when I finish the stitching. I am good at ripping out seams...not so good at sewing them back together , at least not sewing them back together straight!
The pattern came with the bag and calls for 6 of the flourescent DMC colours. They are like rayon, so are slippery to work with but the fabulous colours make the extra effort worthwhile.

4 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love the design with the fluro colours, so bright.

Beatrice said...

Nan's light house is just stunning. I'm so happy to have seen it in RL before it heads off to the east.
Way to go Nan!!!
The bib is cute. She may have to wait a bit for it to fit. I'm glad all is well with the baby.
The Bag is nice and bright I love the florescence. I may get some.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Tell Nan her lighthouse is just fantastic and perfectly framed!

Another cute bib Ann! I bet you're making it a habit to keep these in stock with the number you've stitched in the last year!

That bag is going to be so adorable and fun!

Kathy A. said...

What a beautiful lighthouse that is. Nan has done a wonderful job. The bib is sweet and love that flourescent bag. Nice work.