Saturday, January 26, 2008

Florida

Greetings from Florida...It was sunny for a couple of days but today isn't one of them.
This is the view from the balcony of the condo looking north...the one below is looking south. Today was likely not the best day for taking a picture to show off because it is cool and breezy. We walked north on the beach this morning and got caught in a bit of rain...no harm done but what a stupid day for us to pick for a long walk!
When we came back from the walk we headed for my once a decade visit to the flea market. Back here now at the condo...Dan and Luci are walking south on the beach...they are actually in the picture above..two specks on the beach. Bruce is gone to the gym for a workout and I , not feeling particularly energetic am getting caught up with you guys and will shortly repair to the recliner with a book.

On Thursday, the day after we arrived we all headed to JB's Fish Camp restaurant for our long anticipated lunch. We had been here before about 12 or 15 years ago (!) and Luci loved the crabs she had for lunch that day and still remembered them all these years later. Naturally the first place we came was back to JBs. These above photos are of us at lunch that day and below is a photo of my lunch...I ate them all!!!! and they were delicious.
Luci was disappointed with her crab so now we can cross JBs off the list!

Yesterday we went to St Augustine and had a fabulous lunch at Harrys Bar and Grill, then went to the Outlet Mall where I did some damage and contributed to Florida's economy. I had a ball and got the shopping bug out of my system. From now on we'll just be tourists and enjoy the weather which I am hoping will warm up again.
We will return to St Augustine and wander the old town but it was pretty cold wandering around yesterday so we will wait till a warmer day. I dropped into a needlework shop there but ... just my luck..the sign said ...closed till Jan 30! Of course if someone is on holiday in Brighton and goes to my shop they will also find a sign ...closed till Feb 15 ...so I guess I can't complain!
We miss the dogs but they are being well cared for by their live-in babysitter.
I also got a message from Dani that I have been given a "You make me smile " award and I must say I am deeply touched. Thanks Dani.
I have done absolutely no stitching since we left...but that's OK...I'll get caught up sooner or later!
I forgot to comment Beatrice but congrats on your 100th blog!
Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

Beatrice said...

WooHoo!! you make me Jealous I love shrimp and sun and sand and food and I see some beer and and and.....
I'm so happy you are having a good time. We miss you but had a nice stitch at Bernie's on Thursday.
Yup 100! can you imagine me who couldn't even get email right.I now have Google Reader. I love it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ann it looks like you're having a great time!!! You and Dan both need the break! Don't worry about the stitching!

Kathy A. said...

What a beautiful view!!! Enjoy because soon enough it will be snowbanks and cold weather again. We have had a wonderful visit and are heading back to AZ on Tuesday.
Stitching - always and whenever!!!

Carol R said...

I wish I was in Florida - have a great time.

Tita said...

Ann, it's good to see you enjoying yourself. Soak up some sun for us, I'm beginning to forget what it's like.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann ,it looks like you are having a great time out there,and as Bea says those shrimps looks delish,The weather in Arizona has being so so.But I`m not complaning,we are getting ready for a big Superbowl party,It is all catered, and a few waiters to go with it.We are GIANTS Fan`s.Have a wonderfull Holiday you and Dan. ANGIE