Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Updates

December `9, 2007

Good news all around this week... My sisiter-in-law just called to tell me that her son and daughter-in-law had a baby girl yesterday, weighing in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces! No wonder poor Lisa was so uncomfortable when I saw her a couple of weeks ago..no name yet but everyone is well and happy.

Here is my CdC as of last week. Today is the day to work on it so I'll be at it very soon. This is what I got done last Friday on Pretty Pumpkings...It is coming along nicely!
I also dragged out Kaleidoscope this week and I am loving how it is shaping up!
This little ornie only took two days. It was fun to do and I am looking forward to stitching the other three in the series. (The Gift of Stitching magazine December 2007)
And of course we had a storm over the weekend. I did manage to make a snow angel when Dan and I were out snow blowing and shoveling at some point. Alas it quickly got covered up again during Sunday's blizzard.
It was quite a full weekend as we not only had David and Erin and the 2 grandchildren from Saturday afternoon till Monday morning but also Erin's Mom and step-father! It was full house with 6 extra people but we had fun. Mostly we ate and watched Christmas movies...Ernest Saves Christmas, The Santa Clause and at least part of Miracle on 34th Street! In spite of all that I even got a bit of stitching done. Nicholas, my 9 year old grandson, also worked on his "sewing". Up until this weekend he confined himself to plastic canvas and wool but this weekend he wanted fabric and a hoop so I fitted him out and we "sewed" together. I may have created a monster though because he likes the sparkly thread...so some gold and red sparkly stuff was added to his stitching stash! So far he is creating his own designs and not following a pattern...won't be long though!!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Your stitching is lovely. Pretty Pumpkins is just darling, as well as your adorable Snow Angel.

Your weekend with all your company sounds like a little slice of heaven. Christmas movies, food and family. Nothing better than that.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is just looking super!
LOVE the snowangel ;)
Pretty pumpkins is really pretty! I really like how it's turning out!

Lynn said...

Your fingers have been flying with all that stitching! Everything is looking great.
Your family weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Kathy A. said...

Wow, girl you are stitching up a storm - a snow storm maybe LOL. Congrats on the new addition to the family!
check out the Snowbird blog. There is a special message there this morning.
Hugs

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Ann its no fair! You get in so much stitching!

Beatrice said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
Looks like a pretty nice snow angel.
Wow you have been stitching up a snow storm there!