Monday, October 1, 2007

Pretty Pumpkins

October 1, 2007

Okay so these are cars, not pumpkins but I thought it was pretty cute to have two beetles in the garage for the night. Helen came for a visit on Sunday and we had a lovely day of driving around Prince Edward County. It was gorgeous out and the County is always a restful place to visit. The leaves are not out in all their glory yet but it was still beautiful. We hit Wellington, Bloomfield (great ice cream), Picton and Lake on the Mountain before heading home. At home Dan was ready to make dinner for us after having already washed both Helen's car and David's truck. David is on a business trip so they switched vehicles for the week. The truck doesn't fit in the garage so Helen's car got to use it for the night. Here is my (2 Fridays) progress on Glendon Place's Pretty Pumpkins. It is over one on 25 count moss green lugana. I enjoyed every minute I stitched on it on Friday and am sorry that I won't be picking it up again until Friday. The colours are fun and the stitching is easy...well, I can say that now that did not have to rip out a bunch this time around.
Beatrice did Glendon Place's Witching it was Halloween and said it was an absolute joy to stitch.
If you use the link to look at Beatrice's witch..the picture of it is on the August 13 blog entry. I don't know how to make the link go directly there.


6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your pretty pumpkins are super! I saw it stitchin IRL at my LNS and it is gorgeous when complete!
The bugs are cute!

barb said...

As snug as TWO bugs in a rug(garage)? Couldn't resist!

Beatrice said...

I can't wait to see the pumpkins...oops I had better wait, you know me and my startitis. It looks nice so far.
And if I park my car in your garage will it get washed too??? LOL

Lynn said...

I have always liked this piece. I'm really going to enjoy watching your progress.

Kathy A. said...

I love the bugs snuggling in the garage! Nice work on the pumpkins. Isn't Prince Edward County gorgeous. We love to take visitors there

Dani - tkdchick said...

I can't wait to see your pumpkins in person I bet they're stunning!