Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am soooo angry

August 23, 2007

Some stole my "Knowledge and Needles" sign right off the post at the end of the driveway last night.
Dan noticed it's absence when he left at 6 am for work. I took the dogs for their walk and scanned all the ditches in the direction of our walk but obviously the miscreants did not go in that direction. I saw a couple of people I k now and asked them to keep an eye out in the ditches for it...because, let's face it...the sign is of no earthly use to anyone else but me! Heck it is not even suitable for burning. It's heavy duty plastic or something!

Anyway Rod drives around in his truck over various back roads and he will watch and Andrea was on her run and will also keep a watch for it. These are people I see regularly when I am out with the dogs. I just called the police and reported it, not that I think they can do anything but I want it on record somewhere. The sign has been vandalized in the past but using it as target practice for a beer bottle or a snowball is still a far cry from actually taking it away!

Oviously our dogs are lousy watch dogs since nobody heard a thing!

I think I need to do a bit of stitching to calm down! Actually I have made great progress on "It's good to be Queen" and as soon as I get some batteries for my camera I will share a picture with you.

Sorry for the rant but really...these little thieves need a hobby or a job or community service or to go back to school or something!

9 comments:

ollie1976 said...

So sorry to hear about your sign

Wendy said...

There are words that just aren't suitable for blogging I'm afraid. I really hope your sign finds its way back home, Ann.

barb said...

Sorry to hear about the sign.It is definitely time for school to start - the natives are getting restless.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it. Why on earth would anyone do something like that? Hope it finds its way home.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ann...what a "pain". I was just noticing how nice it was on Saturday. Here in Uxbridge someone did the very same thing with "garden gnomes"!! They all ended up together on another person's front lawn!! Let's hope your sign turns up soon...maybe in front of the high school or libary??
Marg

Tita said...

Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your sign. I hope it is found soon.
Take care,

Beatrice said...

Oh Ann. I'm so sorry to hear about the missing Sign.
What can we do to help?
I know Dan just replaced it.
It's Awful.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, that just makes me mad too!!!!
I had two LOVELY rocking chairs stolen off of our porch a couple of years ago...and that sad thing is that at that time I worked second shift. I came up at around 11:45 and I thought hmm...something is missing and lo and behold I realized it was my rocking chairs...it was so fresh of a stealing that the culprits footprints were apparent in the dew! Our police said that it wasn't a "large" of enough crime and the loss was less than $500, so they couldn't do anything because I didn't "know" who did it. Can you believe that? Isn't the purpose of stealing doing it when someone doesn't KNOW you? IDIOTS!!!
Ok well I've gotten myself all worked up over the loss of your sign. I do hope you find it soon. Maybe they are drug attics and they thought Knowledge and NEEDLES would make a nice bedroom adornment.

Lynn said...

What a miserable thing to do! Hope you manage to find your sign somewhere. Chances are that whoever did this will ditch it somewhere.