Monday, July 9, 2007

Another WIP

July 9, 2007

This is a picture of the Exotic Rug from Stitcher's World Magazine from a few years ago. I fell in love with the wildness of it and the crazy bright colours so over time I managed to stitch it up. It is done on 14 count aida with two strands of floss which of course makes it very thin and really not suitable for a rug at all. It is very large so I don't want to frame it but someday perhaps I can make it into a wall hanging. Meanwhile it is languishing somewhere around the house.


So I have one large useless piece of stitching here ... what else could I do but start another large piece that will likely never be a rug either? This is the beginnings of the Garden Rug from Stitcher's World magazine. This time though I am doing it on 28 count (over two) with 4 strands of floss. Perhaps it will be a little more substantial and rug-like. Although I doubt that if it ever gets finished I will ever let anyone set a foot on it!

I guess I just like the idea of stitching a rug!





8 comments:

Beatrice said...

Your RUGS are beautiful and I don't blame you not letting any one step on them.

Christin said...

The rugs are awesome. And who says a rug goes on the floor??

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your wips are looking wonderful. I love the look of the Maureen Appleton one, very nice.

Joanne

Kathy A. said...

Nice work Ann. It is nice to see your rug in the light of day. Perhaps between all our Thursday stithers we can come up with some idea of how to finish it. Any guesses

Michelle said...

Both are beautiful. I like the idea of using them as wall hangings.

Tita said...

Your work is beautiful as usual. My first thought as I looked at all this stitching was 'I can't wait to retire'
Ann,you should be proud of ALL your accomplishments.

Cathy said...

The black fabric really makes the colors pop. What about making it into a large pillow?

Dani - tkdchick said...

The rugs are beautiful! I hadn't seen the new one until now!