Monday, June 4, 2007

New Finishes



June 4, 2007


These are my two latest finishes. Ephillium #2 from The Silver Lining is a gift for a friend but she is neither a stitcher nor a blogger so I am not too worried that she will see this here. In the original pattern there is a wide border but I have opted not to include it. The piece is quite large and was challenging especially the flower part. Also the design is practically all anchor thread...now I have the beginnings of a great anchor stash!
The little bib is for our dentist's new daughter. Very sweet isn't it? When I was working I used to make a bib for staff memnbers when they or their wives had a new baby. They all seemed to appreciate it and it made for a personal sort of gift.
Kathy has an interesting finish on her blog. Check it out!

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Nice work Ann and thanks for the mention.

Anonymous said...

Ephilllium looks really beautiful.
Judie

Wendy said...

The flower is gorgeous and so life-like! What an amazing gift. Congratulations on getting it finished. And very sweet little bib too!!

Beatrice said...

Love your finishes. Ephillium is very beautiful. The bib is a sweet piece.