Friday, May 11, 2007

Ornaments


May 11, 2007


I have some pictures in the camera of yesterday's Thursday Stitchers gathering but that is the problem...they are in the camera, not the computer so you will have to wait for another day to see what we are all working on.

Meanwhile here is a shot of three ornament blocks from Madeiros. I made them up last month and expect to do the rest of them before Christmas. They are a delight to stitch because they are fast yet interesting. Melinda incorporates specialty stitches and specialty fibres, mostly GAST, to make these cute blocks.

Also once you know how to make them, there is no reason why you can't make the sides of the blocks say anything you want. I am thinking specialized ornament blocks...racecars for my step-son, Nascar stuff for my husband, karate motifs (anybody know of any?) for my grandson, any kind of cars for the youngest grandson, F1 stuff for my daughter-in-law...Is there sort of a common thread theme in what the people in my family like?

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Wow!! It is stunning! Great job:)

Marie said...

I love the ornaments finished this way...I need to give that a try.